Proven track record in defending motorists
Barry Cashman has specialised in defending motorists for more than 20 years. During this time he has successfully defended hundreds of cases and has earned a reputation for achieving the best possible results for our clients.
He has acted for clients nationwide and has defended cases in courts throughout England and Wales. He enjoys excellent success rates and he regularly receives recommendations from existing clients, past clients and other professionals.
He has defended clients facing prosecution for the full range motoring offences. This includes drink driving, speeding, failing to identify the driver, careless driving, dangerous driving, failing to stop/failing to report an accident, driving without insurance insurance, license offences and construction & use regulations.
He also has considerable expertise in helping clients who have accumulated 12 points on their license within 3 years avoid a disqualification from driving. In 2010 he enjoyed a 100% success rate in avoiding penalty points disqualifications.
He is a dedicated trial lawyer who will attend Court with you personally. He will have full control over your case from start to finish and, most importantly, he has extensive and detailed first-hand experience of dealing with motoring matters in Court over 30 years.
If you are facing prosecution for a motoring offence it is essential that you seek expert legal advice without delay. For a confidential, no-obligation discussion regarding your case, contact us now on 0151 424 5601. Initial advice is free.
Alternatively, you can click here to complete the enquiry form on our Contact page. One of our solicitors will then contact you as quickly as possible to discuss your case.
- Barry Cashman acted for a client accused of drink driving. This was a complex case as a specimen of blood had been taken in a hospital. Our client was found not guilty after a 2 day trial.
- Barry Cashman acted for a client accused of failing to provide a specimen of breath at a police station. It was argued that the correct procedure was not followed by the police. The case was discontinued by the Prosecution before trial.
- Barry Cashman acted for a client accused of failing to identify a driver alleged to have committed a speeding offence. The case was discontinued by the Prosecution before trial.
- Barry Cashman acted for a client accused of being in charge of a vehicle whilst unfit through drink. It was argued that our client would not have driven while over the legal limit. The case was discontinued by the Prosecution before trial.
- Barry Cashman acted for a client who had accumulated 12 points within 3 years. The court was persuaded not to disqualify him from driving. This was the second time in as many years that our client had avoided a disqualification on the basis of exceptional hardship.
What our clients say
“Barry Cashman? I was told he was the best in the business. After my case was over, he had proved to me that he was!”– BT, Thirsk